The secret to achieving a successful webinar is to develop the right level of interaction with the attendees. The goal is for participants to connect with the host and take an active role in the presentation, reducing the churn rate. Here are five tips to encourage the active role of listeners.
1. Call for action: When your audience is asked to be directly involved, the chance to capture their full attention increases. At the same time, it allows for obtaining relevant information about the attendants. An example would be asking them to present themselves briefly.
2. Be spontaneous! If we have a monotone speaker, the webinar will turn out to be monotonous as well. No matter how good the content is, we will struggle to engage the audience. Never stop surprising! Even though the speech should be planned, it is vital to leave the place for spontaneity. Ideas on how to do so: Do a giveaway, pick someone from the public and work with them 1 on 1, create an instant pull.
3. Keep changing: Studies show that our brains will start to get bored after ten minutes, this is why we suggest to switch it up! Plan little breaks throughout the presentation to recapture the audience’s attention. Invite a surprise speaker; add a video or an interactive picture.
4. Blow them away with a great slide deck: Nothing is more tedious than a boring set of PowerPoint slides. The idea is to create an attractive presentation to stimulate interest.
5. Comprehension checks: We recommend you to plan little breaks to check in with the spectators. This is a perfect way to leave room for interacting and not having to wait for the lecture’s end.
In conclusion, the key to success is getting listeners to play an active role in the exhibition. We must plan our Webinar to achieve it and take advantage of these participatory instances to continue to know our audience. The ideal is to give rise to a dynamic exchange, which is beneficial for the arrival of the message and the generation of commitment on the participants’ part.